My Safe Florida Home Grant Program
Enacted by the Florida Legislature to assist single-family homeowners protect their homes against hurricanes.
Do I Qualify?
Owners of any site-built, single-family residential Florida property can apply for a free home hurricane inspection! Receive an inspection report detailing the strength of your home against hurricanes and recommended improvements to increase that strength.
- You may be eligible to apply for a Matching grant where for every $1 you provide, the state will provide $2 toward the actual cost of an authorized mitigation project (or 2/3s of the project cost up to $10,000). The home must be located in designated wind-borne regions.
- NO state sales tax (6%) on retail purchases of impact-resistant doors, impact-resistant garage doors and impact-resistant windows from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024.
- Potentially lower your home insurance premiums by participating in the program.
If your inspector recommends improvements, you can start right away!
The program grant money has been made available for the following strength improvements:
- Exterior Door Upgrades
- Garage Door Upgrades
- Window Upgrades
- Roofs & Structure
- Reinforce Roof-to-Wall Connections
- Install Secondary Water Resistance for the Roof
- Upgrade Roof Covering
- Improve the Strength of Roof Deck Attachments